Tuesday, August 30, 2011

5 Random Pandar Things

5. I made my stuffed pasta shells (aka "Seashells") the other day and O M G they were good. (Where are my dang pictures of these wonderful things? oh well) That's like my specialty dish. It wins over ANYbody. :)
Kind of like this, except more mozarella. You can never have too much mozarella. :)


4. New music project is playing with COGOP -- Church of God of Prophecy, except this is Spanish so it's La Iglesia de Dios de ProfecĂ­a ;) My Hunny seriously is THE best music director/teacher and instrumentalist. He's really amazing. Its a treat to play with him and our backup singers are three sweet girls (one is my bf's daughter) with great voices. My Hunny was playing keys to practice last night but he'll be singing up front doing harmonies while another really good musician will rock keys with his dad on guitar (background/chords), and I'm not sure who the drummer is but I wish my Hunny could do drums AND sing AND play bass, lol. He's got to direct and speak and stuff too, so, cant have it all! :) So I am just happy to be playing for something since I haven't had a music project since over 6 months now... yay! Best thing is that it's worship. And I always think that no matter where I am in life or what I've done or how I'm living, I have to give thanks to God and the musical abilities He gave me is the best way to show my gratitude. Honestly, my heart was never for playing in bars and using the music solely to entertain. Music is too precious and sacred for me. Its my gift, and I have to give it back to the One who gave it to me. And everything else I have in my life. Ya know?



3. The *only* sappy romantic movie I can stomach is The Notebook. I'm kind of like a guy in this way. I like to laugh at the tiny package holders they wear in WWE (yea you, Randy Orton). I will NEVER miss a UFC fight. I'll always go for the action movies over the popular romantic comedies (barf. There are few exceptions!) when going through Moviefone. I am good at fixing things like fallen towel bars and soldering electronic connections and debugging/troubleshooting people's computers. I like to do active, messy, outdoor, tough things better than I like to sew or decorate or spend hours on my hair/nails/shit us girls do in the bathroom. Yet I am unmistakably very much a feminine woman. I love chocolate and shopping and makeup and shoes as much as the next beotch. But guy stuff is kind of more fun for me a lot of times. And I like to think that I could kick it. :)


2. I LOOOOOOVE insane roller coasters. My Hunny does not. But he recently took me to Magic Mountain, as a total surprise (I had NO idea, but he knew since we met over 6 years ago I wanted to go), and went on ALL the rides with me!!!! EVEN X2. I'll never forget his face on X2, frigin priceless. When we were next on, he was literally shaking. And my hunny is a pretty tough, badass dude, forreals. I've never seen him scared or worried at all. So we get on the ride after a long, nervous wait, and its just gotten dark at the park so it looks pretty cool. The ride goes up the "hill" but unlike any ride I've been on, you are facing up/outwards towards the sky. I so wish I could have taken a picture then because it was probably the most awesome scene ever. right at sunset too. omg. Ok so anyways I look over at my baby and his hands are clenched to the bars and eyes are closed so tight, like The Cat in the Hat in "I Can Read with my Eyes Shut," lol. "Open your eyes Hunny its SO COOL!!" "no! ... no!" shaking his head and pursing his lips like a little kid who doesn't want to eat their spinach. I closed my eyes on the first drop and then when I gathered the balls to open them again I could not tell you which direction I was facing, which was up or down, or which way we were going. It was insane. I've never been that scared shitless any moment of my life leading up to that. If it hadnt been closing time I would have gone again right after EYES OPEN the whole time :) Guess I'll have to go back!!!! muahahahaha!!  
Yep that was my Hunny and me LOL.

1. I can't dance to save my life. Its probably the combination of me being completely un-aerodynamic, clumsy/awkward, and slow. However, I still have hope that one day I'll dance some dirrrrty ass street salsa and people at all the Mexican weddings will say, "Damn, look at that white girl dance!!" lol. I'm half kidding. Mostly I wonder why my sister can rock the sh*t out of state street solstice parade and hip hop clubs and under the same parents I can't. She can also sing notes I can only hit in the bedroom in the shower with no one listening. But, I dont mind that she's got all kinds of different talents than me, actually thats awesome. (She really is awesome!) I just would have AHEM appreciated! a bit of the dance gene, feel me? I guess it was big boobs or dancing ability. I'm still going to be the most guera-est big tittie having ghetty booty hip rockin Pandar. You can be sure of that. :)

So what's your favorite ride, or are you a closed-eyed rider like my Hunny?

1 comment:

  1. Okay now I really want those stuffed pasta shells Pandar! They look so good! Glad you are keeping up with your awesomness as a kickass violinist...super talented!
    Yeah you totally got the better boobs, and I have to settle for the dancing, but I can't play violin either, so it's all good! You got the musical instrument gene...my body just got confused and translated that into my body being the instrument instead (voice and dancing) so really i'm a mutant lol! Lovya Sistar!

    ReplyDelete